Pet Surgery in Bloomfield
Entrusted Surgical Services
With over 75 years of experience combined in the specialty of veterinary surgery, our three veterinarians at Essex Animal Hospital have the necessary training and skills to address any surgical needs that need attentive care. By limiting the number of surgical procedures performed daily, our team ensures that no high-volume appointment scheduling will interfere with the comprehensive veterinary supervision carried out throughout the entire process.
Our board-certified doctors and expert staff are trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of the surgery process, from pain management, to anesthetic administration and monitoring, to nonstop vitals monitoring. With our expertise veterinary experience and effective treatment procedures, you can rest assured that your pet’s surgical concerns and needs are in compassionate, caring hands.
If you’re feeling apprehensive about your companion’s surgical needs, contact our friendly staff at (973) 358-0535 for more information about our safe and dependable surgical services.
Pet Surgery Services Offered
A few of the surgical services available at Essex Animal Hospital include:
- Orthopedic Surgery - Orthopedic surgeries involve surgical procedures that encompass the skeletal system, such as concerns with bones, ligaments, joints, and tendons. Our services range from treating orthopedic injuries such as fractures to addressing orthopedic diseases and any acquired conditions or abnormalities detected.
- Soft-Tissue Surgery - Essentially any surgery that does not deal with orthopedic issues, soft-tissue surgery can refer to several different procedures and be performed at almost any part of the body that is being affected. From routine spaying/neutering and wound/trauma care, to C-sections and advanced internal surgeries, our office provides a vast array of soft-tissue-related services for your loved one.
- Anesthesia - After pre-screening tests verify your pet can safely handle anesthesia within his or her system, our combination of injected and inhalant anesthetics are administered, and our close monitoring of your pet’s vitals ensure that the procedure is going smoothly. Fluids provided throughout the surgery help with sustaining normal blood pressure levels in addition to assisting with a swift recovery from the medication.
- Pain Management - Helping alleviate your pet’s pain is one of our most important services we provide, and your pet’s comfort and safety are our top priorities. We offer several types of medications for pain relief and inflammation, and may even advise a change in dietary or other lifestyle habits that can potentially enhance your pet’s overall health and wellness, and in turn, pain symptoms.
- Cancer Therapy - Our compassionate staff comprehends how stressful the concept of cancer and treatments for it can be, and we are here to help you every step of the way, from tumor removal, to chemotherapy treatments that have shown successful results.
What to Expect
Each day, both routine and complex surgeries are performed for out patient’s pets, and we at Essex Animal Hospital guarantee that your pet is cared for and monitored at every step of the procedure, including before, during, and after the surgical treatment is completed. Pre-surgical protocol can include pre-anesthetic blood testing and physical evaluations, cardiopulmonary examinations, and an explanation of the anesthetic/sedative process and options available to choose from.
During the operation, we constantly monitor your pet’s vitals (oxygen levels, blood pressure, pulse rate, temperature), carefully manage/monitor anesthesia, and help control their temperature by circulating heated blankets with warm air blankets. Our post-operative care involves aiding in the post-anesthesia recovery process, along with pain management and explaining any medications or safety measures necessary for their full rehabilitation.
Contact us online to learn more or to schedule a surgical appointment with our team today.
“I've especially appreciated how gentle, caring, and accessible the vets and caretakers have been, handling our animals as if they were their own, and always happy to update us and respond to our questions.”- Zoe K.
“They've never had to muzzle my dog, which other vets have always done. I highly recommend them because they are very good doctors.”- Suzanne H.
“Everyone showed us great care and compassion with her passing which helped in our time of need. Leia was always cared for and loved by everyone there. I would say "She seems to be the one dog who LIKED going to the vet, even though I think you hav”- Chris, Erika and Gracie S.